Written on 29 Mar 2017.
EDHEC Business School is pleased to announce Emmanuel Métais’s appointment as the new Dean of EDHEC Business School. He succeeds Olivier Oger who has led the School since 1988. He will assume this role on 1 July, bearing in mind that Olivier Oger will be working with him until the end of the year.
In accordance with the recruitment process announced a few months ago, the Selection Committee* set up to choose the new Dean examined both internal and external candidates, based on research conducted by the global executive search firm Korn Ferry International. After completing its remit, the Selection Committee recommended Emmanuel Métais to the Board of Governors, which unanimously approved this choice during its meeting on 13 March.
Emmanuel Métais, 48, has worked for EDHEC Business School for over 20 years and been Associate Dean for Graduate Studies since 2015. Emmanuel holds a PhD in Strategic Management and is a Professor of Strategy. His main research themes focus on corporate strategy and particularly on disruptive strategies and M&A performance. He has published numerous articles and book chapters relating to these themes in French and international academic journals.
Emmanuel Métais ran EDHEC Business School’s Strategy & Management Department between 1997 and 2005. He has overseen several major transformations within the School: after having supervised EDHEC’s first AACSB accreditation in 2002, he managed the School’s portfolio of International post-graduate programmes between 2005 and 2008 and was responsible for the EDHEC Global MBA between 2006 and 2015. In this last position, he accelerated the development of this strategic programme, during a period in which it successively entered the rankings of The Economist (now 24th worldwide and 3rd in France) and The Financial Times (74th worldwide and 3rd in France in 2017).
“I am both honoured and delighted to be named as Olivier Oger's successor as Dean of EDHEC Business School. I am particularly attached to the School, its teams, its students and graduates. And I believe in our values of innovation, impact and engagement. I plan to build on our School’s distinctive strengths - our taste for entrepreneurship and for questioning the established way of doing things, our world-class expertise, our highly-engaged international alumni network - in order to start work on my project quickly with the ultimate goal of making EDHEC one of the top 10 European business schools”, comments Emmanuel Métais.
“EDHEC is now identified in Europe as one the most dynamic international schools that make a difference. I am delighted with the choice of Emmanuel Métais as the new Dean. The combination of his career experience, the projects he has led at EDHEC, his international experience and his solid academic profile makes him the ideal choice to further EDHEC’s ambitious development programme. Our strategy that seeks to “make an impact” in the business, research and entrepreneurship fields and to leverage pedagogical innovation, will be continued and accelerated”, declares Bruno de Pampelonne, Chairman of the Board of Governors, EDHEC Business School.
* Membership of the Selection Committee for the new Dean :
- Christine Chaissou, Head of Human Resources – EDHEC Business School ;
- Emmanuelle Guilbart, Member of the Steering Committee of the Board of Governors, President of EDHEC Alumni, Joint CEO – ABOUT PREMIUM CONTENT ;
- Thérèse Lebrun, Member of the Steering Committee of the Board of Governors, Deputy Vice‐Chancellor – CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF LILLE ;
- Thierry Marraud, Vice‐Chairman of the Board of Governors, Various company directorships, consultant ;
- Franck Moison, Chairman of the EDHEC International Advisory Board, Vice‐Chairman, Colgate‐Palmolive Company, USA ;
- Vincent Montagne, Chairman of the EDHEC Ethics Board, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Media Participations ;
- Olivier Oger, Dean – EDHEC Business School ;
- Bruno de Pampelonne, Chairman of the Board of Governors, Chairman ‐ TIKEHAU IM ;
- Richard Simonin, Various company directorships.